Friday, September 3, 2010

The Magnificent Mustache

11:56 PM, Friday Night.

After engaging in several hours of homework I have decided that I should be distracted. So come little children, gather round my knee and I will tell you a tale of the Magnificent Mustache.

Once upon a farewell talk, in a far away land, a bonnie young lass named Lydia was speaking. In the congregation there was a man. If I were to tell you this was an ordinary man I would most certainly be lying to you. For this man has been endowed with a gift from heaven.


That's right. Only a picture could do this mustache justice. I want to give a big shout out to Sister Scruggs's father for his beautiful and inspiring facial hair. Few things will bring a smile to my face and a tear to my eye like a good ol' man and his mustache. I'll be honest, I snuck this photo with my camera. Don't worry though, I'm not a creeper. Within five minutes I asked him for this photo.

One year later the Scruggs came home and of course I was pumped. The image below is documentation of the reunion:

My hair=worse. His stache=even better than I ever could have imagined.

I am officially a fan.

2 comments:

  1. What’s funny is that I looked at these last two photos and thought, “Phil’s hair is looking better this year.” Then I read your comment and discovered that we disagree about that. Anyway. Did you know Tempe has a ‘stache dash annually? I think it’s coming up. I think some spectating will be necessary.

    ReplyDelete